What breed are these 6 Bantam chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Piperlu, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Piperlu

Piperlu Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2015
    Just got 6 Bantam chicks from TSC on Thursday. Four have feathered legs and two look like chipmunks. I am thinking booted bantams or D'uccles for the 4 and OEG or EE for the chipmunks. I know it is still early in the game but I really am curious!

[​IMG]
    These are the feathered leg cuties. One has colored feathers while 2 in the foreground are plain feathers. You can see a chipmunk in the background.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Better picture of the chipmunks.

[​IMG]
    This is the lightest of the feathered legs the day we brought it home.

Any help is appreciated. I am new to the Bantam breed.:)

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    It's really hard to tell at this stage of the game but I would have to agree with the breeds you suspect especially the feather legged, I can see some muffs on the face as well which says it's probably a Bearded Belgium D'Uccle.

3. USMC-CHICKENS

USMC-CHICKENS New Egg

Apr 24, 2014
    Hi. The one with the stragly wing, do they have 5 toes and black skin? Could be a brown Willie. The one on top of the food looks like a Millie de fleur. The one with the stripe on the head looks like a rooster Americana Easter egger. That is exactly what my rooster Easter egger looked like. I was trying to post pics but was having a hard time. Google it

4. Piperlu

Mar 26, 2015
    No black legs or five toes. Possibly a frizzle? I really hope the chipmunk with green legs is not a roo but time will tell. I will post better pictures tonight.

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with your guesses; the chipmunk ones do look like Old English Game, and the ones with feathered feet are likely D'uccles.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

7. Piperlu

Mar 26, 2015
    Update on pictures. They are now 2 weeks old and enjoying a little outside time with the 3 week old Dixie Rainbows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by