What breed are these chickens?

Yes, we were planning on them being meat chickens. We have had the white Cornish rock which grew a lot faster then what these are. These are almost 4 weeks old. But from what I read the dark does grow at a slower rate. I’m hoping they are meat birds because we have plenty of laying hens!!!
@ the chick addict
Yes, they look like dark Cornish Crosses. Are you planning on using them as meat birds.:)
have you ever raised dark Cornish before?

Do you have a hatchery you would recommend to purchase meat birds?
There areason many good hatcheries, McMurray, cackle, ideal, etc, but it's very late in the season for buying chicks so ability will be a problem, you can check the hatcheries, I think mcmurray still had meat birds last time I checked or Mt healthy still does, I checked last night.

There areason many good hatcheries, McMurray, cackle, ideal, etc, but it's very late in the season for buying chicks so ability will be a problem, you can check the hatcheries, I think mcmurray still had meat birds last time I checked or Mt healthy still does, I checked last night.
Thank you I’ll look those up. I’m still going to hold hope that the ones we have are dark Cornish cross 🤞🏻🤞🏻🫣

Back
Top Bottom