What breed are these

paperdoc

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 23, 2012
Three weeks ago a rooster and four hens took up residence in our yard. Can anyone help identify the breed? How do we go about domesticating them?

First,
welcome-byc.gif

I'm sorry, the picture is kind of small, but perhaps someone else will recognize them right away.

If you want them to hang around 1) feed them
smile.png
and provide water. I would wonder where they are roosting at night. You might want to build them a coop with a nesting box so they have somewhere safe to go at night. Perhaps someone will read this that has actually adopted chickens that have "wandered in" like these...

Do you have neighbors with chickens? I wonder if they just wandered off...?

Good luck!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

From what I can tell they look gamey... Or possibly like Golden Campines, but I think that would be less likely.

Yes, provide feed and water for them and some sort of shelter with a roost for protection at night. Hang around them as much as you can so they will get used to your presence, and eventually they might come to you for their food. And check with your neighbors in case these birds belong to them. If they are game birds, they like to wander a lot, so that's possible.

If you want to catch them, Go see where they roost and you should be able to snatch them, if that doesnt work. Try to get them when they go to roost, if you chace them through the evening they will just hunker down in the middle of the chase and try to sleep. I would have a pen ready though and if you do domesticate them you will love them

Back
Top Bottom