What breed are these?

jbrokaw32

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
Hello! New to the backyard chicken world. Something I have wanted to do for a while now and really excited. I live in McKinney Texas and recently purchased 2 pullets. Problem is I cant remember what breed she said they were and I don't have her number anymore. I remember her saying they were pretty close to purebred but couldn't prove it. Anyway, we love them and we are happy so doesn't matter. Problem is I would like to know what breed they are and get some history on them. They are black, green/purple tint in the sunlight. Thought they would be Australorps but they are getting fuzzy cheeks. Feet are a deep charcoal grey. Any suggestions ??

Agree they look like EE/Ameraucana/Araucana X, but boy those faces are dark colored.

welcome-byc.gif

Are they laying?

The puffy cheeks (called muffs or beards) indicate some Easter egger or Ameraucana, but they don't have the pea combs that usually go with laying colored eggs. It's still possible to get blue or green eggs, just not highly likely. They're probably Easter eggers mixed with maybe Australorps, something like that. Regardless, they look like nice layers and if you're happy with them, that's good enough! I've been raising chickens for 20 years and hatched out a dozen mixed breed chicks this year, cause I just like the mixes!

No eggs as of yet. They should be about 5-6 months old and in their new home about a month. How much longer until I see eggs?

no eggs yet. They should be about 5-6 months old. How much longer until the eggs come ?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom