What breed are those geese?

the_finch_family

Songster
Dec 15, 2022
East iceland
Where I live, this is literally the only domestic breed of geese I ever see.
Still not sure what they are though.
Are those pilgrim geese? I only ever see those with much less white on the females, so I'm not sure.

Planning on raising some geese with my next batch of goslings, so I'd want to do some research on the breed.
FB_IMG_1684178866405.jpg

Are they all females? What is their weight/size? They look like Shetland females.

Okay, I found more pictures from a local fb group and appearantly those are a male and a female with their babies.
So they don't have white males like pilgrim geese or the shetlands. Now I'm even more stumped 😖
I also found out that we do in fact have another breed of domestic geese here, emden geese. And yes, I'm sure they're not just the males of the other breed.
FB_IMG_1684283430098.jpg

Okay, I found more pictures from a local fb group and appearantly those are a male and a female with their babies.
So they don't have white males like pilgrim geese or the shetlands. Now I'm even more stumped 😖
I also found out that we do in fact have another breed of domestic geese here, emden geese. And yes, I'm sure they're not just the males of the other breed.
View attachment 3507930
Emden? Those geese are all white and big. I new a breeder who was breeding mixes with them to get them to be bigger.

Try Pomeranian geese. Does that breed match better?

Back
Top Bottom