What breed are we, mom don't know

10 Mile Zoo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 26, 2009
Allegany
I think I have 2 hens and 2 roos correct if I'm wrong. But I mostly want to know what breed they are. They have feathered feet if that helps.

1 hen
41932_100_1667.jpg

41932_100_1668.jpg

2 roo
41932_100_1671.jpg

3 hen
41932_100_1669.jpg

4 roo
41932_100_1670.jpg

Thanks

Sorry no 1 looks like millie fluer duccle and no 3 looks like Easter Egger

Last edited:
Quote:
even number 3?

It's possible, but it's not a great quality bird. Not an EE, I see a single comb and heavily feathered feet.

I have an EE with a single comb, anythings possible with EEs. I am no expert so take what I say lightly, so easy to think someone is being snotty on here, since you can't hear the tone of voice. So many threads get ugly, and I think that is precisely the reason! They are probably hatchery stock which can make it kind of hard to tell sometimes. Not dissing hatchery birds, I have plenty that I love.

Keep us up to date with pics so we can tell you better! I think they are all cute! Oh, and let us know where you got them and what they told you they were.

Quote:
It's possible, but it's not a great quality bird. Not an EE, I see a single comb and heavily feathered feet.

I have an EE with a single comb, anythings possible with EEs. I am no expert so take what I say lightly, so easy to think someone is being snotty on here, since you can't hear the tone of voice. So many threads get ugly, and I think that is precisely the reason! They are probably hatchery stock which can make it kind of hard to tell sometimes. Not dissing hatchery birds, I have plenty that I love.

Keep us up to date with pics so we can tell you better! I think they are all cute! Oh, and let us know where you got them and what they told you they were.

Oh I totally agree on the EE's! But a Pea comb is dominant over a Single comb, so the probability of getting a single combed EE isn't as high as getting a pea combed one. That's one thing I kinda hate about hatcheries: they don't breed to standard which makes it difficult to identify a bird.
hmm.png

I don't see the saddle feathers on #3 and feathers are dull, also the comb is small yet. At this point I still think hen. The person that sold them thought all four were hens, I knew that at least two were roos they did not state the breed. My DD was at the auction with me and she wanted them because they were so cute and small. They will be her pets she has become quite the little chicken momma. Thanks for letting us know the breed. Didn't mean to cause a uproar about hatchery stock. We will post new pics soon.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom