What breed bantam rooster ?

kbreak

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 1, 2011
Columbia, MS
Is he certain breed or just mix? He rules the roost. My poor Buff Orpington is scared to death of him. It is funny to see that big rooster running from him. He is totally free ranged with one bantam hen. Although he has stolen the big hens too.

Not sure what breed he is but he is STUNNING!!
love.gif

Not sure what breed he is but he is STUNNING!!
love.gif

Thank you ! He really is pretty. He is so sweet to the hens. He scratches for them and calls them over. My BO roo is young (about 7months) but that little bantam will fly across the field to knock him off a hen. Then he flys up on the coop and will crow about it.

OK. Old english game bantam. He looks somewhat like the red pyle color but not exactly right. He may be mixed. My favorite breed of all time is the mutt! I have a tiny chicken who makes more noise than the gigantic roosters. He has "little-man syndrome".

He waits for all the hens to get in the coop in the evening then he takes his little bantam hen to the edge of the woods to roost in the top of a tree. We had lots of rain today so it was dark when I went to close the gate on the run (It is a 3sided coop) he was on the roost. First time I have ever seen him up on the roost. Hopefully he won't give my BO a hard time in the morning before I open the gate.

I'm thinking he's a mix, maybe with Dutch Bantam. I'm pretty sure he's not OEGB since he has white earlobes and he looks too big for that breed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom