PXL_20240402_215037567.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20240402_215028129.jpg
    PXL_20240402_215028129.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 13
Just looking for some guesses on my bantam chicks breeds
Top picture on the left is a Turken/naked neck
Brown one in picture 2 and 3 is a partridge cochin

There is a such thing as barred rock bantams so i think those are what the black ones with the white spots on their heads are

Im not sure about the two chipmunk patterend ones

The black one looks like a bantam Barred Rock, but I don't know if there is even such a thing :).
Barred Rock Bantams exist. So do Cuckoo Old English Game bantams.
Because it has clean feet (no feathers), I can rule out Barred Cochin bantam.

Just looking for some guesses on my bantam chicks breeds
Where did you get them? Sometimes that can make it easier to identify them. For example, if they came from a specific hatchery, people can look around the hatchery website to see what breeds that hatchery sells. Or if they hatched out of eggs from a mixed flock, they would probably be mixes and not pure breeds at all.

Barred Rock Bantams exist. So do Cuckoo Old English Game bantams.
Because it has clean feet (no feathers), I can rule out Barred Cochin bantam.

Where did you get them? Sometimes that can make it easier to identify them. For example, if they came from a specific hatchery, people can look around the hatchery website to see what breeds that hatchery sells. Or if they hatched out of eggs from a mixed flock, they would probably be mixes and not pure breeds at all.
I got them from tractor supply

In that case, they should come from one or another of the major hatcheries, and they should be mostly pure breeds. Hatcheries mostly don't sell mixed-breed bantams, except for Easter Egger bantams.

There is definitely one with a naked neck (sometimes called Turken).

I'm pretty sure there is a Partridge Cochin (shades of brown, feathered feet, single comb.)

The barred chick should be either Cuckoo Old English Game or Barred Rock (it has black down with white under the belly and on top of the head, and the feathers are growing in black & white.) If the soles of the feet are white, probably Old English Game. If the soles of the feet are yellow, probably Barred Rock. Sole color can sometimes shift around in the first few days or weeks, but then it settles down and stays a consistent color.

I think I see an Old English Game Bantam in the first photo, center back. It has chipmunk stripes, a single comb, white feet with no feathers. It might be Silver Duckwing color, or Black Breasted Red color, or I think a few other colors can also look like that when they are chicks.

It looks like there are more than one chick of some of these kinds.

If you post photos again in a few weeks, when they have more feathers and the combs are a little bit bigger, it might be easier to identify more of them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom