What breed chicken is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by can't get enough chicken, Jul 3, 2010.

1. can't get enough chicken

can't get enough chicken Songster 8 Years

Jun 30, 2010
  2. Jess-W

Jess-W In the Brooder

Jul 3, 2010
    Slaughterville
    The first one looks like maybe a Red Star (sex linked) or maybe a Buff Orphinton. I am a newbie and have both. It was hard for me to tell until they got older.

No clue on the black one.

3. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    First is a Red sex link or a Road Island Red. The second one might be a barred rock. What color are its legs and what type of comb does it have?

4. can't get enough chicken

Jun 30, 2010
    Hey! I don't need to know the black chicken that is a Plymouth Rock. The brown one is not a Rhose Island Red I know that becausew I have some and it does not look anything like it. She has yellow feet with a sort of stripe of brown on the front side. I think she has a single comb. Any more suggestions would be great! Thanks!

5. dee88

dee88 Chirping

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas
    she's not a buff orpington if she has yellow feet. BO has white feet. How about a type of leghorn, they have yellow legs?

6. nhheidigagnon

nhheidigagnon Hatching

Jul 4, 2010
    Think she is a New hampshie red. I have 7 of them.

7. crash0330

crash0330 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    I say New hampshire Red too, shes too arange to be RIR.

8. NewHen

NewHen Songster

Mar 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I agree it's not a BO. Maybe a red sex link.

9. can't get enough chicken

Jun 30, 2010
    I called a feed store and I asked them to order a new Hampshire red for me. They said where they order them from didn't have NHRs. So he said i could get an Aricauna. I said sure so that is what it is supposed to be but it is definitely not. You think they did have NHR? I looked them up online and they don't look much like this chicken?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: