What breed do i have

Gingie111

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2023
Clearwater, FL
Hello, I had this beautiful girl for 2 years, just lost her to a hawk attack. Was wondering what breed she was, can tell between an ISA brown or a rhode island red. Please help!

Attachments

• IMG_20230603_105211.jpg
    IMG_20230603_105211.jpg
    793.3 KB · Views: 35
Actually after a tropical storm she jumped my neighbors fence into our yard, we didn't even know they had chickens. They agreed to let us take care of her so I'm not sure where they got her. She was very kind and friendly. I just can't tell if she was an ISA or RIR

Actually after a tropical storm she jumped my neighbors fence into our yard, we didn't even know they had chickens. They agreed to let us take care of her so I'm not sure where they got her. She was very kind and friendly. I just can't tell if she was an ISA or RIR
I don't think she would have been RIR, I believe they are usually more of a dark brick or mahogany red. But I'm honestly not too sure if you'd be able to tell the difference at this point between a production Red, ISA, Golden Comets etc.

I don't think she would have been RIR, I believe they are usually more of a dark brick or mahogany red. But I'm honestly not too sure if you'd be able to tell the difference at this point between a production Red, ISA, Golden Comets etc.
Yeah that picture is deceiving as she was actually a lighter shade of red with mixed white especially around the tail. It's a tough one.

She is a red sex link they go by many names but they are essentially high production birds. They can go by ISA browns, red sex links, red stars, and red rockets just to name a few. I have had two ISAs two red rockets and two red sex links. They usually live 2-3 years and die from some sort of reproductive issue. I have lost one to a predator sold three and I have two right now great production birds. I’m so sorry for your loss it is the worst thing.

She is a red sex link they go by many names but they are essentially high production birds. They can go by ISA browns, red sex links, red stars, and red rockets just to name a few. I have had two ISAs two red rockets and two red sex links. They usually live 2-3 years and die from some sort of reproductive issue. I have lost one to a predator sold three and I have two right now great production birds. I’m so sorry for your loss it is the worst thing.
Hey thank you, I figured her to be an ISA but wasn't sure. It was a tough loss, was just 2 days ago and it hurts bad. She was my first Chicken and I didn't think I could love her so much. I've learned some lessons the hard way and want to try again from scratch. Thanks for the info!

Hey thank you, I figured her to be an ISA but wasn't sure. It was a tough loss, was just 2 days ago and it hurts bad. She was my first Chicken and I didn't think I could love her so much. I've learned some lessons the hard way and want to try again from scratch. Thanks for the info!
I lost one of my favorite girls she was one of the fist I got I only have one left from that batch it kills me every time I think about it.

Back
Top Bottom