what breed do you like

It would really depend on what you want them for, honestly
If you want cute, loud bantam ducks-I for one(as always) would recommend Calls(of course, there is no bias there at all
wink.png
).

I like Cayugas. But, I love dual purpose animals and I LOVE really different colored eggs, especially black ones.
wink.png

Oh, and I find duck meat to be sooo goood.

I like big, loud colorful ducks...bowling pin ducks who move in a big hurry, 'scovies and their corunkles (sp?), my mixes with unsual color patterns, the beady black eyes in the white faces of the Pekins, hmmmm...can't think of any I don't like...ducks are just silly and funny and great to have underfoot...the best kind of duck to have is the one that strikes your fancy...

Dutch Hookbills - they're small, naturally docile, super-unique, and they lay blue eggs. What more could you want from a duck?
smile.png

September2010064.jpg

Little Lexie was kind of a crusty, dirty mess in this picture, but she has the best curved bill!
September2010066.jpg

I like Calls too...and Runners, and Campbells, and Pekins...no bias at all here.
big_smile.png

I like the pekins, welsh harlequins, and cayugas. I have swedes and they are nice but the aforementioned have more personality, in my opinion. Folks have good luck with runners but I haven't had them till recently. My grandfather always thought they looked silly so I never had any till I got married and my husband had a fancy for them. Just don't get jumbo pekins unless you aim to eat them young. Welsh harlequins crossed with pekins are pleasant ducks, too.

Back
Top Bottom