What breed do you think she is?

Mganson99

In the Brooder
May 5, 2024
She was supposed to be a lavender Orpington but she's quite a bit darker than my other orp chick, has feathered legs, and a different comb.

Attachments

• IMG_5648.jpeg
    IMG_5648.jpeg
    627.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5646.jpeg
    IMG_5646.jpeg
    508.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5644.jpeg
    IMG_5644.jpeg
    639.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5663.jpeg
    IMG_5663.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5651.jpeg
    IMG_5651.jpeg
    723.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 16
Where did you get it?
From a local farm! I'm leaning towards olive egger (because they have pea combs and vary in appearance) with something mixed in to account for the feathered legs, but I'm not sure. None of the breeds they offer look like this. Here are the chicken breeds they offer:

Olive Egger
Noir Maran
Golden Comet
Cinnamon Queen
Black Sex Link
White Leghorn
barred rock
buff orpington
buckeye
blue rock
olive egger
black copper marans
lavender orpington

From a local farm! I'm leaning towards olive egger (because they have pea combs and vary in appearance) with something mixed in to account for the feathered legs, but I'm not sure. None of the breeds they offer look like this. Here are the chicken breeds they offer:

Olive Egger
Noir Maran
Golden Comet
Cinnamon Queen
Black Sex Link
White Leghorn
barred rock
buff orpington
buckeye
blue rock
olive egger
black copper marans
lavender orpington
It's probably an olive egger then.

Comb is pretty big with lots of color for a pullet. The feather pattern is also uneven, and I think I see some red flecks here and there.
Oh no, I really hope you’re wrong :( I can’t have roos in my town. Fwiw I’m pretty sure the red areas are poop stains (he/she has been having some leg troubles lately and has been laying down a lot. Saw the vet and confirmed everything is fine, just growing pains). The comb only just reddened up around the time he/she started having leg problems. I guess it’s a waiting game now

Back
Top Bottom