What breed/gender is this?

weirdtalon

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013

Hi all,
Any idea of the gender or breed? I picked this up last week and its a lovely bird, but we haven't a clue as to what it might be. Thank you for any help given!

Hummm, looks like a mix, still learning the breeds and there are MANY. To me (inexperienced) looks like a cross between an Orpington and EE, maybe a Marans? Can we get a pic of the comb, doesn't look like a single (Orpington/Marans) but does look like a pea or cushion? What is the age? Thinking pullet cause the comb's not very red but it all depends on the age but then I think I see saddle feathering start which would mean cockerel....Not much help but need a better pic please...

Pullet do not see any male feathering and comb/wattles not developed enough for the size of bird.

I'm trying to figure out the gender / breeds of my three. I tried to post, but I'm not sure if it worked. I've watched the site a bunch, but never tried to post until today. If anyone has any ideas on these chicks, I'd love to hear it. I'm hoping for hens... can't have roos.

Hi all,
Any idea of the gender or breed? I picked this up last week and its a lovely bird, but we haven't a clue as to what it might be. Thank you for any help given!
Definitely a cockerel. Can clearly see the saddle feathers coming in. And the comb is getting quite red. Looks to be a Blue Sumatra maybe. Color and comb is right. But the body type is a little on the heavy side.

Thanks everyone, I have been looking at breeds and was given the suggestion that it was a blue andalusian. I will try looking at the other breeds mentioned and see if I can get a match up.
We don't know the age, the bird was adopted as is. I will try posting another picture. Having troubles with the embed image thingy.

I'm trying to figure out the gender / breeds of my three. I tried to post, but I'm not sure if it worked. I've watched the site a bunch, but never tried to post until today. If anyone has any ideas on these chicks, I'd love to hear it. I'm hoping for hens... can't have roos.
I'm thinking some mix with EE, looks like pea comb and the brown guessing cockerel, the other two pullets. How old are they?

Back
Top Bottom