What Breed/Genders are these? 9 weeks old

No worries. So on these #1 is the one we were thinking cockerel on before. I'm not totally sure tbh with you but upon closer examination I am seeing possible rose combs not pea like I had originally assumed. In either case #1 appears to have a redder comb which is usually an indicator of males although at 9 weeks that's not a lot of development. Hang tight a few weeks and update us in about a month as they should start to have obvious sex specific feathering around that age. Welcome to BYC and chickening

So I’m sure one is a cockerel, not 100% sure about the other, any input? I’m thinking the one with the long green tail is definitely one, the other seems to have saddle feathers but I’m not totally sure yet. They’ve both made tame attempts at crowing, but our neighbors have roosters so I’m not sure if it’s mimicking or a cockerel

Attachments

• 6285F4BA-1430-4AA6-9EB7-C0FD895423E5.jpeg
    6285F4BA-1430-4AA6-9EB7-C0FD895423E5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • CF1D9A3B-0B51-418F-9582-94D0FED3CD48.jpeg
    CF1D9A3B-0B51-418F-9582-94D0FED3CD48.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
So I’m sure one is a cockerel, not 100% sure about the other, any input? I’m thinking the one with the long green tail is definitely one, the other seems to have saddle feathers but I’m not totally sure yet. They’ve both made tame attempts at crowing, but our neighbors have roosters so I’m not sure if it’s mimicking or a cockerel
Those are both cockerel

Both are cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom