What breed is a Sexton?

Ive never heard of it. Im thinking he meant sexlink
Thats what I'm thinking too. Never heard of a Sexton.
idunno.gif

Sounds like you need to clarify with your friend what he has. Could even be a regional strain of game bird, those have lots of different names for different strains. Sexton isn't a breed or cross I'm aware of.

Th brown ones in the picture are sex-links. He probably just made a mistake in hearing the name. It happens quite often around here. You wouldn't believe how many people believe "Domineckers" is an actual breed. (Dominique is the correct term) Many old-timers around here nick-name the breeds and when they sell them to newbies in the chicken hobby, they usually just continue calling the breed whatever the farmer told them. I've definitely heard some interesting mistakes throughout the years! LOL

I can post a link to his blogspot and a picture. He writes:

"Nine are about 7 month old Sexton breed and four are Americana. The Americana's lay a very interesting mixture of teal and green blue eggs. The Sexton's lay a classic farm brown egg."

http://www.restorationfarm.blogspot.com/2012/12/lost-chicken.html

The black chicken is a "sexton". The others are Ameraucanas...
I believe all of the birds in the picture are Sex-Links. The "Ameraucanas" don't have ear tuffts from what I can see, and look more like red Sex-Links.

Back
Top Bottom