what breed is he?

lorihadams

Songster
11 Years
Sep 17, 2008
virginia
I bought 2 chickens back in the fall and was told they were hens. The person bought a mix of chicks from a hatchery and they were supposed to all be females. As this one got bigger I realized it wasn't. He is already at least 10 lbs and feather footed. He is trying to breed my indian runners so he has to go but otherwise is fine and not at all aggressive. He is really pretty but I don't know what breed he is. I would like to sell him but don't know what to list him as.

Can anyone tell me what he is?

100_7890.jpg

The link says that the picture has been deleted. What kind of comb does your bird have? Does he have any extra toes? Does he have a beard/muffs? Does he have a crest? Answers to these questions will help us narrow down the possible breeds.

100_7890.jpg

He looks to have a rose comb, feathered feet and no muff. He almost looks like the picture on the right of the jersey giant but with feathered feet.

He's bluish white with longer mixed colored feathers draping over his back and splashes of red on his back. He has large wattles and really fluffy feathering on his rear end like my brahmas.

He looks like a Wyandotte mix, possibly with Cochin or Brahma, because Wyandottes don't have feathered legs. He's sure beautiful!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom