What Breed is Ms. Pepperpot (goat)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bleenie, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I am wondering what breed our new goat is... she came from the auction and i assumed she was Nigerian Dwarf because of the others that were with her but when I remember the last ND i had i am not seeing a lot of similarities besides size and the fat belly!

She also has "weird" hair, she's got this funky undercoat stuff that's almost cottony and soft. Not sure if it's anything useable or not.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    My guess would be a very furry pygmy (different breed than Nigerian, but related) or a pygora, a cross between an angora goat and a pygmy. Maybe even a nigerian/angora, but that cross is a lot less common than pygora.

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I've seen Pygoras before but remembered them being much fuzzier. A few years ago I raised a little ND buckling and her hair coat is nothing like this girls so I assumed she might be a mix, just wasn't sure with what. [​IMG]

4. Fly 2006

Fly 2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    Well whatever she is she is very cute! I would say Pygmy X but don't know what the X would be, obviously something fluffy!!

5. Nathan Sampson

Nathan Sampson Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Whitewater Mo
    That huge ball of fuzz in your hand is none other than the famous cashmere. You have a nice bit there. As to breed the little thing is most likely a mix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by