What breed is my chicken?

ChickenRaiser15

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2021
Hi, I have a chicken that I don't know what it is, I was hoping someone on here might. She is all black with a slight greenish tinge, has golden brown eyes, straight comb, and I think yellow legs. She lays light to dark brown speckled eggs. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

It could be a black sex link. Black austrolopes have pink feet, dark gray/black legs, and dark brown eyes.
Black sex links have dark gray/black legs, yellowish feet, and orange gold eyes
They both have single combs.
Or, it could be a breed I don't know about!
We bought two black austrolopes and one of them is a black sex link.
Pics are definitely needed!

It could be a black sex link. Black austrolopes have pink feet, dark gray/black legs, and dark brown eyes.
Black sex links have dark gray/black legs, yellowish feet, and orange gold eyes
They both have single combs.
Or, it could be a breed I don't know about!
We bought two black austrolopes and one of them is a black sex link.
Pics are definitely needed!
This sounds right. I think my “black astralorp” may have yellow legs…?! I’ll have to see in the morning. She’s 8, so it would be interesting if she wasn’t always a black astralorp!

Australorps have white skin so that is ruled out. If she was purchased from a hatchery, Jersey Giant is a possibility. Are just the foot bottoms yellow and the legs a black to willow color or are they pure yellow? Where did you get her?

We got her at a local feed store, and they had white rocks, and a couple black ones that they didn't know what they were, and we got 20 white rocks and 1 of the black ones just cause. We ordered some Jersey Giants this year, and they look almost the same, but the jersey giants seem to have black eyes.
Here are some pictures.
DSCN0286.JPG
DSCN0291.JPG
DSCN0295.JPG
DSCN0296.JPG

Back
Top Bottom