What breed is my cousins rooster

Dovethesilkie

Chirping
Aug 12, 2021
1FC19B42-ECA1-4503-9CE6-CBADEB90AC0D.jpeg

My cousin got a rooster from my other cousin he is keeping at his uncles farm he was wondering what breed it was

Agreed. Game bird mix. Maybe a little Welsummer? The color is reminiscent
of mine only I don't see a lot of shiny blue in the wings and there are BBR color variants in the game birds.

But definitely a cross breed with something and a pretty boy.

If he has Game Bird genes in him, best to keep him alone with his girls. He will be prone to beat any other rooster up that you put in with him if he is game bird.

Agreed. Game bird mix. Maybe a little Welsummer? The color is reminiscent
of mine only I don't see a lot of shiny blue in the wings and there are BBR color variants in the game birds.

But definitely a cross breed with something and a pretty boy.

If he has Game Bird genes in him, best to keep him alone with his girls. He will be prone to beat any other rooster up that you put in with him if he is game bird.
I have Game mixes, & have no problems keeping them together.

I had one incident, two particular boys did get into a fight, & blinded the other's right eye. But that's it. The boy that got a blind eye, isn't a game mix though. He's all healed up now.

You are lucky. My Game mixes fight all the time. I have what I call the One Eyed Rooster Club. It boasts 5 roosters that need little eye patches.

Some of my game bird mix males get along great others try to kill one another and I have had two roosters killed outright by other males so it does happen. I never know who is going to get along until the fighting does or doesn't break out.

You are lucky. My Game mixes fight all the time. I have what I call the One Eyed Rooster Club. It boasts 5 roosters that need little eye patches.

Some of my game bird mix males get along great others try to kill one another and I have had two roosters killed outright by other males so it does happen. I never know who is going to get along until the fighting does or doesn't break out.
Seems like it varies alittle.

I have a bachelor coop and there is still chaos from time to time. Like adolescent high school kids it seems that there are just individuals that the others don't like and those are the ones that are picked upon.

I open the door to feed them and ask. 'Okay, who's beat up today?'. Funny but too true.

I have a bachelor coop and there is still chaos from time to time. Like adolescent high school kids it seems that there are just individuals that the others don't like and those are the ones that are picked upon.

I open the door to feed them and ask. 'Okay, who's beat up today?'. Funny but too true.
I've been wanting to set up a bachelor pad, but just haven't had the chance yet.

Back
Top Bottom