What breed is my new girl?

He is a handsome young boy! Hopefully you can interact with him daily as he grows up, scoop him up to sit on your lap for hugs. (Some watermelon, chickweed or mealworms in your hand can help teach him you are his friend.)
I have 10 Roos, all sweet. I believe your Roo will grow into quite a colorful, gorgeous boy!
He may have some Speckled Sussex.
Here is my own Mr. colorful, he is a Wyandotte, mixture of colors, Silver Lace, Gold Lace, Blue Lace Red...Cornelius.
I absolutely adore my Hens AND Roosters...who would've thought, Lol. ❤️

20200927_132750.jpg 20200927_133151.jpg

He is a handsome young boy! Hopefully you can interact with him daily as he grows up, scoop him up to sit on your lap for hugs. (Some watermelon, chickweed or mealworms in your hand can help teach him you are his friend.)
I have 10 Roos, all sweet. I believe your Roo will grow into quite a colorful, gorgeous boy!
He may have some Speckled Sussex.
Here is my own Mr. colorful, he is a Wyandotte, mixture of colors, Silver Lace, Gold Lace, Blue Lace Red...Cornelius.
I absolutely adore my Hens AND Roosters...who would've thought, Lol. ❤️

View attachment 3010816View attachment 3010817
He is absolutely gorgeous!!! Im sure he'll grow up to be a spoilt sookie chookie like the rest of my girls 😂

Thank you so much!! That's a brilliant idea 😀😀😀
Just for future reference, you can tell in the picture by the back feathers how they are longer and curve down. Also a rooster will have a comb a good bit before a hen.

When I'm dealing with a group of chicks I can usually tell too because at just a few weeks (Usually around three weeks old) a roos comb will be "more red" then a pullet.

This being said they definitely took advantage of you and I'm sorry they did. Some people just suck.

Just for future reference, you can tell in the picture by the back feathers how they are longer and curve down. Also a rooster will have a comb a good bit before a hen.

When I'm dealing with a group of chicks I can usually tell too because at just a few weeks (Usually around three weeks old) a roos comb will be "more red" then a pullet.

This being said they definitely took advantage of you and I'm sorry they did. Some people just suck.
Thank you!!! I'll definitely remember this next time 😊😊❤️

Back
Top Bottom