What breed is my pullet?

babbychickens

Chirping
Dec 4, 2018
Redland Bay, QLD, Australia
I swapped my rooster for a hen today with the woman I got my chickens from. She did tell me the breed but I forgot it. She said that it's around 3 months old.
IMG20190323130044.jpg IMG20190323130146.jpg
Also, this isn't breed-related but my other 2 hens (both a month older) were fine with her all day but when I went to close their coop door tonight they wouldn't stop pecking her. She was very stressed and kept trying to get out so I just brought her up to the house with me in a box for the night. Any tips on how I could assimilate them?

Last edited:
I wouldn't leave her on the roost with ones that were attacking her. They will probably do so through the night as well.
I set up a cage within their coop to sleep in and put their separate feeders right next to each other, either side of the wire so it's like they're eating together. Then for increasing periods of time I let her out each day. I also placed pots and bricks and perches throughout the run so they don't get bored and the little one has places to get away. One completely leaves her alone now and the other one only does it some times :)

Back
Top Bottom