What breed is my roo?

The female I got from the same bin does look like a blue copper marans and to me. I just knew he didn’t. 😂
She’s the one laying next to the Brahma on the arm of the bench.

Attachments

• 8DAD2EFF-8FBA-4D82-91F4-EAF45E091BBC.jpeg
    8DAD2EFF-8FBA-4D82-91F4-EAF45E091BBC.jpeg
    581.9 KB · Views: 1
I’ll have to get a good look at her! They’re both about 4 months old now.
To complicate things even more, the female blue cuckoos and the female blue coppers look very similar. The blue copper sometimes have the copper coloring in the hackle feathers, but do not always have it.
See if you can tell the difference between these two, I can't!🤣
Blue Cuckoo
blue cuckoo marans female.png

Blue Copper (without the copper hackles)
bluecopper.gif

To complicate things even more, the female blue cuckoos and the female blue coppers look very similar. The blue copper sometimes have the copper coloring in the hackle feathers, but do not always have it.
See if you can tell the difference between these two, I can't!🤣
Blue Cuckoo
View attachment 2842595
Blue Copper (without the copper hackles)
View attachment 2842596
Oh my stars! 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 For real!

Have you ever had a chicken with a cross beak? I have a Brahma that has a pretty good crossover! She seems to eat and drink fine. She’s just smaller than the other Brahma I bought with her. Should I trim it or leave it be?

Attachments

• 55E74218-7705-424E-A9B6-21184B49F2AE.jpeg
    55E74218-7705-424E-A9B6-21184B49F2AE.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 1
Have you ever had a chicken with a cross beak? I have a Brahma that has a pretty good crossover! She seems to eat and drink fine. She’s just smaller than the other Brahma I bought with her. Should I trim it or leave it be?
That’s kind of an older picture. It’s more crossed now. I’ll try to get a pic of her this evening.

Back
Top Bottom