1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What breed is my rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tomatomudhead, Feb 5, 2012.

1. tomatomudhead

tomatomudhead In the Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Got him about a year ago and always figured he was a mutt. Then I saw a picture online that looked just like him, but no breed identification.

Can anybody tell me what breed Luke is?

Thanks!

Tom[​IMG]

2. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Songster

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    How big is he? He may be an old english game bantam or a yokahoma

3. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    he is a game mix you can see he has a pea comb and both OEG and amaracan game have singal combs

the color is silver duckwing but you can see he is carying 1 golden alel whitch is why he has the red/gold on his shoulders

4. tomatomudhead

May 2, 2011
    I don't know his actual weight, but he is smaller than his barred rock hens, but larger than my silver spangled hamburg rooster. He is not a really large rooster. Somebody told me he may be part EE but i didn't know anything about his background.

5. Harli50

Harli50 Songster

Jul 22, 2011
    Utah
    did you get him as a chick or older from a different owner?? he could be a dubbed OEG or OEGB

6. tomatomudhead

May 2, 2011
    I got him from a different owner. He was already full grown, about a year ago. My guess is that he's at least two years old. Good rooster.

7. trenton

trenton Hatching

Jan 24, 2017
    about a year ago I went to rural king and bought a rooster that looks identical to yours and he was in a tub marked ameracuana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by