What breed is she? Lavender..?

Feather queen

Songster
May 13, 2022
Nsw, Australia
I bought 3 Wyandotte chicks from a petshop a while ago, 2 turned out to be Auracanas but 1 has had us confused.

She has just started laying and she is really curious and sweet.

Attachments

• 20230808_071720.jpg
    20230808_071720.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230808_071719.jpg
    20230808_071719.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230807_191324.jpg
    20230807_191324.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230805_164725.jpg
    20230805_164725.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 15
Idk, looks a little off for an Orpington.
Also looks a little off for a lavender. Lavender are usually a nice even shade of light blue. Looks like there's something going on in her hackles and then the dark area towards her tail.
I'm no help :confused:

Not an Orpington, the tail is very different. I do think she's Lavender, the shaded hackle & saddle with fine lines is something Lavenders with weak feather quality share.
She actually reminds me a bit of an Australorp in body shape. I'm guessing this was someone's project, perhaps Lavender Australorp?

Not an Orpington, the tail is very different. I do think she's Lavender, the shaded hackle & saddle with fine lines is something Lavenders with weak feather quality share.
She actually reminds me a bit of an Australorp in body shape. I'm guessing this was someone's project, perhaps Lavender Australorp?
I was actually torn between saying Orp or Australorp but went with Orp but I now think you might be right that she’s an Australorp

Idk, looks a little off for an Orpington.
Also looks a little off for a lavender. Lavender are usually a nice even shade of light blue. Looks like there's something going on in her hackles and then the dark area towards her tail.
I'm no help :confused:
It does look slightly off, but I was figuring perhaps it's just bad pictures. It may be a majority Orpington mix

Australorp is a slang term for Australian Orpington for the record

It does look slightly off, but I was figuring perhaps it's just bad pictures. It may be a majority Orpington mix

Australorp is a slang term for Australian Orpington for the record
Could just be a less then stellar example of an Orpington.

Australorp is an official breed name.
It came from combining Australian and Orpington but I wouldn't call it a slang term.

Back
Top Bottom