What breed is she?

Mushroomchef

Songster
Aug 16, 2019
Temple City, CA.
I found this little girl last week and had been raising her. She laid a white egg 6 days ago and hasn't laid another one since. She's very friendly. I can't find pictures to show me what she is.
AE55EF8F-225F-442C-80F2-4D06B06E8CF0.jpeg
5E44CB0D-3887-433B-BCA2-98E22B52A14D.jpeg

Maybe Araucana? I have one that looks similar, but mine has puffy cheeks and a small beard. How old is your bird?[/Q

Thank you everyone who responded. I don't know her age because I found her at a lake, well she technically found me. Haha. It's been 8 days since she laid an egg. But I think I feel another one coming soon. She is all alone and probably isn't really happy since chickens are social animals. So we went and got 3 chicks on Thursday. A Delaware, a White Crested Black Polish, and a Cuckoo Maran. They are too young to be outside with her right now, but soon, she will have some friends. I will post pictures soon.

I hate to tell you, you probably don't have an araucana. American Araucana are rumpless, with tufts not muffs. UK araucana are muffed and bearded and crested as well.

Wow. really? I had no idea. I bought the birds a while ago and were told that's what they were. I didn't look into it further because I assumed that was right. Thank you for letting me know.

Wow. really? I had no idea. I bought the birds a while ago and were told that's what they were. I didn't look into it further because I assumed that was right. Thank you for letting me know.

They're also quite rare, at least in the US. Not sure where your at, since you don't have your country in your profile... but the US version is quite expensive.

Back
Top Bottom