What breed is she?

4acresNachick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
I adopted 4 hens. 8months to a yr old. 2 barnyard mixs, 1 gold laced Wyandotte, and Dottie. I don't have a clue what she is. I know she is a she(given me 4 eggs this wk!) Anyone know. She was unexpected and I want to know how to properly care for her. Thanks!
87110_2011-06-02_19-22-06_555.jpg

87110_2011-06-02_19-22-40_896.jpg

87110_2011_06_03_07_55_32_551.jpg

Shes a little shy compared to the others but so sweet!

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
What kind of comb does she have? It looks unusual. Do you have a better picture of her head facing the camera? She is really pretty!
love.gif

She is mottled but the breed could be a mix of some sort, I see she has somewhat of a crest on her head.... Perhaps she could be cochin/sultan or cochin/d'uccle because of the beard she is sporting, in any case she is beautiful! You can care for her the same way you would care for any other chicken and she will do just fine
big_smile.png

Thank you so much! She is great and I will try to get a better head pic of her. I am happy with her. She gets along great with all the others and has taken a special liking to the 9 RIR juveniles that I had before the new hens. They came from a place with Plymouth Rocks, GLWs, barnyard mixes, They women offered them to me when i went there for four chicks she hatched that are now 3 wks old and I came home with four hens and 6 chicks. Chicken math strikes again! Now I'm spending the weekend adding on to my coop, of course!!

Back
Top Bottom