What breed is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 4acresNachick, Jun 3, 2011.

1. 4acresNachick

4acresNachick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    I adopted 4 hens. 8months to a yr old. 2 barnyard mixs, 1 gold laced Wyandotte, and Dottie. I don't have a clue what she is. I know she is a she(given me 4 eggs this wk!) Anyone know. She was unexpected and I want to know how to properly care for her. Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shes a little shy compared to the others but so sweet!

2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I think she is a mottled d'uccle mix. cute muffs [​IMG]

3. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    IDK, but she is beautiful!!! I'm in [​IMG]
    Just gorgeous

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Hi and [​IMG] What kind of comb does she have? It looks unusual. Do you have a better picture of her head facing the camera? She is really pretty! [​IMG]

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    She is mottled but the breed could be a mix of some sort, I see she has somewhat of a crest on her head.... Perhaps she could be cochin/sultan or cochin/d'uccle because of the beard she is sporting, in any case she is beautiful! You can care for her the same way you would care for any other chicken and she will do just fine [​IMG]

6. 4acresNachick

4acresNachick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Thank you so much! She is great and I will try to get a better head pic of her. I am happy with her. She gets along great with all the others and has taken a special liking to the 9 RIR juveniles that I had before the new hens. They came from a place with Plymouth Rocks, GLWs, barnyard mixes, They women offered them to me when i went there for four chicks she hatched that are now 3 wks old and I came home with four hens and 6 chicks. Chicken math strikes again! Now I'm spending the weekend adding on to my coop, of course!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by