What breed is this chick?

I have always wanted a few chickens for eggs and pets and have 4 peeps coming in May. A couple hours ago there was a knock at my door and a young girl with two young chickens was begging me to take them or her boyfriend was going to kill them! So I did . One looks like Plymouth Rock but I can't figure out the other one. Also any ideas how old? They are still peeping. Any help would be much appreciated!

I think you're right about the Plymouth Rock. I had one with only one leg, and she was a character! She was a good layer, and she bossed all of our bantams around, even the Roo. I'll bet there's someone else on here who could identify the other one, but I can't. Good luck with your new babies!:D

Last edited:
Someone said they think the other is a black sex link and after looking up some pictures I agee. She's a shy girl but the Plymouth is very friendly, loves perching on my hand and being petted. I named them Thelma and Louise.

Someone said they think the other is a black sex link and after looking up some pictures I agee. She's a shy girl but the Plymouth is very friendly, loves perching on my hand and being petted. I named them Thelma and Louise.

Oh, have a great time with them! I love ones that cuddle. Great names too!:)

Here's the sebright and ee at two weeks. The ee is even getting face tufts! I sure hope it's a pullet. The sebright is the sweetest and calmest chick we have.

Back
Top Bottom