What breed is this duckling?

FalloutForMe

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 28, 2014
California
Picked up this little cutie from a pet store that knows nothing about ducks!! I can only identify some basic breeds like pekins, mallards, cayugas and khaki campbells (I'm new at this sorry guys xD) So as you can see Penguin (that's what I've named it) is black with a yellow chest and wing tips and beautiful multicolored feet and underside of his beak. I'm thinking a black swede but I thought I'd consult the experts (that's you!). So what are your opinions and can you educate me on whatever breed it is? My googling hasn't gotten me far. Are they loud? Tall? Require special care specific to this duck? Help me out :)

Can someone tell me what breed of chicken these are

Picked up this little cutie from a pet store that knows nothing about ducks!! I can only identify some basic breeds like pekins, mallards, cayugas and khaki campbells (I'm new at this sorry guys xD) So as you can see Penguin (that's what I've named it) is black with a yellow chest and wing tips and beautiful multicolored feet and underside of his beak. I'm thinking a black swede but I thought I'd consult the experts (that's you!). So what are your opinions and can you educate me on whatever breed it is? My googling hasn't gotten me far. Are they loud? Tall? Require special care specific to this duck? Help me out :)
Black Swedish
Can someone tell me what breed of chicken these are
Probably a White Rock mix.

Last edited:
Your Black Swedish should top out between 7-8 lbs (3.2-3.6 kg). They aren't as blocky-looking as a Pekin but should be similar in size. If the duckling turns out to be a hen, she may lay up to 150 eggs per year (according to Liz Wright in "Choosing and Keeping Ducks and Geese").

From my experience with Swedish, you shouldn't have to worry about special requirements.

Your Black Swedish should top out between 7-8 lbs (3.2-3.6 kg). They aren't as blocky-looking as a Pekin but should be similar in size. If the duckling turns out to be a hen, she may lay up to 150 eggs per year (according to Liz Wright in "Choosing and Keeping Ducks and Geese").

From my experience with Swedish, you shouldn't have to worry about special requirements.
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom