What breed is this Golden duckwing patterned (kinda) 8 month old rooster?

This is little Earl, son of Earl Sr. His dad is pretty much identical, and he came from a bin at Tractor Supply marked "Australorp pullets"!(obviously not an Australorp). All the Earls have a really long, odd, distinctive crow also.

I haven't recorded it, but you can count to 6 at least while they are crowing. Just kind of an odd, really long crow compared to anything els I've heard. OEG mix sounds interesting, maybe that's it!

I haven't recorded it, but you can count to 6 at least while they are crowing. Just kind of an odd, really long crow compared to anything els I've heard. OEG mix sounds interesting, maybe that's it!

I don't know much about long-crowers but I know there are a number of breeds and they're a whole lot more popular in other countries than they are in the US. He might be a mix with a long-crower breed, also. I'm just completely perplexed at how you'd get one from a TSC bin!

Ya the odds of that don't seem so good, from TS.....wonder what is in the mix. Anyone want any? I've got 2 spares, pick up only ( im in PA). They really are unique,pretty & friendly, + their long crowing will annoy the neighbor you love to hate too!

This is little Earl, son of Earl Sr. His dad is pretty much identical, and he came from a bin at Tractor Supply marked "Australorp pullets"!(obviously not an Australorp). All the Earls have a really long, odd, distinctive crow also.

Oh my gosh my friend got an 'australorp' that ended up being a rooster and looks like little Earl a little :O

Wish I knew what was in the mix.....oh well, they are all really great roosters. Their babies ended up looking pretty unique too. Here's a daughter of the mystery rooster above, pretty neat coloration anyways!

Back
Top Bottom