What breed is this Golden duckwing patterned (kinda) 8 month old rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Earl Lee, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Earl Lee

Earl Lee Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2011
    PA
    [​IMG]
    Any ideas? Thanks!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Where did you get him from? He looks like a cross.

3. Earl Lee

Dec 5, 2011
    PA
    This is little Earl, son of Earl Sr. His dad is pretty much identical, and he came from a bin at Tractor Supply marked "Australorp pullets"!(obviously not an Australorp). All the Earls have a really long, odd, distinctive crow also.

4. he pretty, could be an OEGB mix, me has one

5. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    I have no idea but curious about the unusual crow. Have you recorded it yet? How long is each crow?

6. Earl Lee

Dec 5, 2011
    PA
    I haven't recorded it, but you can count to 6 at least while they are crowing. Just kind of an odd, really long crow compared to anything els I've heard. OEG mix sounds interesting, maybe that's it!

7. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    I don't know much about long-crowers but I know there are a number of breeds and they're a whole lot more popular in other countries than they are in the US. He might be a mix with a long-crower breed, also. I'm just completely perplexed at how you'd get one from a TSC bin!

8. Earl Lee

Dec 5, 2011
    PA
    Ya the odds of that don't seem so good, from TS.....wonder what is in the mix. Anyone want any? I've got 2 spares, pick up only ( im in PA). They really are unique,pretty & friendly, + their long crowing will annoy the neighbor you love to hate too!

9. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Oh my gosh my friend got an 'australorp' that ended up being a rooster and looks like little Earl a little :O

10. Earl Lee

Dec 5, 2011
    PA
    [​IMG]Wish I knew what was in the mix.....oh well, they are all really great roosters. Their babies ended up looking pretty unique too. Here's a daughter of the mystery rooster above, pretty neat coloration anyways!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by