What Breed Is This Hen And Rooster?

MrShax

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 11, 2014
United Kingdom
My Coop
My Coop
Hi please could someone tell me what breed this hen and this rooster of mine is? i know the rest of my chickens breed but these two?

also when will the hen in this picture start to lay as i have had this for a while now and has not layed any eggs, or is it not ready?

Thank you.

(Shax)

I don't know a lot about chicken breeds but it is possible the girl is a light Delaware.
Also, my hens (lots of different breeds) lay between 5 and eight months. Your hen's comb is not very red either so it might still be a little.

They both look like mixed breeds to me. The hen and rooster may have some Light Sussex or Delaware in them, but are not pure. The hen has the wrong comb for a Delaware; she may have some Columbian Wyandotte in her instead. With the rooster's lacing on his breast, he may have some laced bird such as Silver Laced Wyandotte in him as well.

welcome-byc.gif

I'll second the barnyard mix for both birds.

They both look like mixed breeds. The hen might have some Delaware or Columbian Wyandotte in her, and the rooster might have some Silver Laced Wyandotte in him, but other than that, it is hard to tell their exact mix.

Back
Top Bottom