What breed is this , i got it from MC Murray with my order

Looks just like my "Free Rare Chick" from Ideal. Are they giving out Sex-links as rare chicks now?? That is pretty low.

Don't get me wrong, I love my red sex-links, and they are sweet birds and awesome layers, but I was expecting at least a pure breed chicken, not a sex-link hybrid.
barnie.gif

Sorry to hijack...I was just going out to get a pic of mine when I clicked on your post. Yours is feathered in more than mine, so I'm going with whatever you've got! LOL!

Shelly

I think it's a red sexlink - the males are mostly white with some red, while the females are mostly red with some white. I don't think its a rir or new hampshire because of the white feathers.

It looks just like my golden comet I am positive it is one. But it is a roo I think becuse it looks like the non feathered part is yellow females are red

Quote:
\\
dont worry you didnt jack any thread

I dont understand really how yall think its a roo ......

http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2d2753ef01156f422a9d970c-400wi

go to that site , I really think it is a comet !!!!
..... i can see how it could be a hen but im thinking a well i dont know what im think ..... If its a Sex link , yeah thats not a rare breed to mee

Last edited:
Yep...I think our rare chick is a Golden Comet.
barnie.gif
At least they're pullets! It's just frustrating to have them advertise a free rare and it's not.

Oh well! Thanks for posting the pic of yours! Saved me the trouble! LOL!
thumbsup.gif
Now I'll have to come up with a name. My other two are Mango and Marigold. I think I'll have to stick with the "M" names.
tongue.png

How old is yours? Mine's about 3 weeks. She's just getting her chest feathers in. Up until today, I thought she was possibly a Buff Rock. I thought that would be pretty cool. I've got a BR roo and 2 hens. As soon as I saw the red chest, though, I knew I had to figure something else out.

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom