What breed is this? I'm sure it's a mixed...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LuvOurChix, Sep 27, 2009.

1. LuvOurChix

LuvOurChix Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2009
    Ok....So...I got 7 chix from the fair...they told me what they where when I got them...but I think 3 of them ended up being mixed breeds...I will post the other 2 in question after this one, but this is my favorite - this one spends time inside and outside and we let her tell us where she wants to be.

What is she? She is the size of a pigeon, and was born in June. Her total height is 4.7" at the shoulder and maybe 6" at he head from standing tall. I have attached all the pics I could get of her to help you all help me determine what she is.

I was told when I got her (being the biggest chick in my group when I got her) she was a Barred Rock Bantam. She looks like a Barred Rock Pigeon to us LOL. At this point, she is by far our smallest.

I love her dearly and will keep her inside and outside where ever she wants to be.

UPDATE - SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO USE THE IMG BUTTON SO I CAN POST THE PIC - SO SORRY VERY NEW TO THIS SITE

I think I have it now.... [​IMG]

Thank you all for the help in posting [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

For instructions re uploading pics go to the FAQ section (very top right hand of the page).

3. BlueEngineFarm

BlueEngineFarm Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    NC
    Once you upload, resize to fit the message board and click submit. Then copy the image by right clicking on the url and copy. Then paste it into your message. I haven't used the img yet.
    Lynne

4. LuvOurChix

LuvOurChix Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2009
    Update - just wanted to bring this up again in case anyone can help tell me what breed this is.

5. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Can't tell from the pic really, but see white legs, she's barred, straight comb, and doesn't appear to be a heavy breed. So maybe a barred OEGB?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:That is what I would say.. Looks like a barred OEGB....

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by