What breed is this little chick? UPDATE!

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I have two of these girls. What are they? It could be anything from the Meyer rare layer assortment.

"Receive a mixture of Rare breeds at a fraction of the cost. Any combination, our choice of at least 3 of the following rare breeds: Golden Laced Wyandotte, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Dominique, Black Jersey Giant, Speckled Sussex, Golden Campine, Salmon Faverolle, Light Brown Leghorn, Buckeye, Golden Phoenix, Cuckoo Maran, Turkin, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Chantecler, Cochin, Standard Polish, Araucana and Welsummer."

494801646_JVksg-M.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to guess it's what they are calling an Araucana; so really an EE. I'm not positive, but I don't think it has quite the right coloring for a silver spangled hamburg and it definitely doesn't match any of the other breeds listed.

I really don't think it's a hamburg. How big is it compared to the rest of the chicks? Hamburgs are quite small compared to other standard-size chicks. Is it super active and scared of your hands? My hamburgs have all been very quick-moving and flighty from day one.

It doesn't really look like any chicks that I've had. The colors on its back look like my hamburgs have looked, but its head looks all wrong. My hamburgs had a bit of yellow mixed in with their gray, but none of that dark stuff on their heads.

Can you tell what kind of comb the baby has?

I'll check tomorrow about the comb and let you know.

It doesn't really look like any EE I've ever had, but the legs are funny colored so maybe it is in an EE. They are very sweet, one of them fell asleep in my palm on the way home.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom