What breed is this..pics

~whitetailcountry~

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Pine Ridge
40267_my_pics_013.jpg

40267_my_pics_012.jpg

Most people on here will guess EE. My Modern Black Breasted Red Games have the exact same coloring. Now, Games have tails. Did this pullet have tail feathers that molted? Rumpless Araucona? If the egg comes out white, it is probably a Game, if it comes out greenish or bluish, an EE.

Wrong color feet for a rock. There are quite a few breeds with this color (partridge) but so far not many match her, especially in feet. She's not rumples, but her tail feathers were pulled (notice the base feathers still holding up, well, nothing. Otherwise, they would round off smoothly) Her comb is wrong for an EE, I´m not sure. She could be a game, since her tail is gone, and she could be something else. . .

I just got her..the neighbor acquired her and a rooster..thru someone at work that was wantin to get rid of them, he brought em home just lettn em run loose and his dogs was after em..so she came up to the pen and I let her in. They had been runnin around for days..last I saw they had run off in the woods..until she came up yesterday.
So I dont know if she had tail feathers or not..so she is a young one you think...would it be possible for her to lay pinkish eggs..I just got one outta the nest box and she was standing in front of it.
so it can be a:
game hen
rumpless aracauna
EE
Partridge plymoth rock
hmmmmm..I'm gonna google.

Cross those all out except for game hen, and add "mutt" to the list.
wink.png
She's either a mutt or not on that list except for the game hen - There are a few that match her color, comb, and feet.

Back
Top Bottom