What breed is this? Please help me out. mix or pure breed?

Soaring Chicks

Soaring Hawks Farm
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Henderson,NC
46537_update_blrw_chicks_007.jpg

Was sold to me as a chick (very young chick) with my bbs Marans.
I know she is not a Marans. Very pretty love her color! Just not what I need or want.
Egg color is cream/brn. med size just started laying. Clean legs too.
I know the breeds the breeder has ,but I wanted to see what ya'll thought.
Thanks!
New pic to see the tail and the legs are dark blk/green tint.
46537_update_blrw_chicks_008.jpg

Last edited:
Does the breeder have Sumatras? In the second picture she look lanky.
Do you know what type of comb she has?

Chris

Last edited:
Nope her tail is longer them all of my Marans and her head is diff. shape and size then my other splash ,blues and blks from same line. All the other have heavy feathering on legs. She has not one feather and leg color is diff. Comb is alot smaller then the other ones her age that are laying and I know they have is sizes,but hers is the size of my chicks hatched in Sept. She has been laying for a week now. Trapped nest to find out who was laying the very light egg. Lord I wish she was. She is sweet and love the color. Just can't use her if she is a cross or some other breed. I have clean legs come out of my cuckoo and wheatens,but there is at least one feather somewhere along the leg even if tiny. The eye color is Blk/very dark brn. she very well could have some Marans in her maybe some one had a one night stand? That's what I'm tring to find out. Oh she carries her wings like the OEG's do most of the time. There is just things that when all add up makes you say is she or not!? Thanks for the replies any and all will help. I'm keeping her at least till spring or she might stay and on in the Olive Egg Layer pen for breeding. Thanks again. Maybe it's just me.
idunno.gif

Quote:
yep blue and blk and I would say splash too. She is very lanky when you see her beside 5 other Marans that are shorter and rounder. The leg color is diff. color then my blues.
It is a very small single comb. Kinda like a pea comb in size but not shape.
I will try to get a close up on the comb. Maybe that will help. Thanks.
Her tail was longer ,but the Marans keep nipping it and shortens it alot. They grow straight out(well for lack of better term) .
it's a pea comb
46537_update_blrw_chicks_072.jpg
face shot
46537_update_blrw_chicks_076.jpg
comb shot
46537_update_blrw_chicks_086.jpg
tail showes how they are nipping it.
This is one of my blues she is a few months older,but all have around the same body type.
46537_update_blrw_chicks_087.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
yep blue and blk and I would say splash too. She is very lanky when you see her beside 5 other Marans that are shorter and rounder. The leg color is diff. color then my blues.
Her tail was longer ,but the Marans keep nipping it and shortens it alot. They grow straight out(well for lack of better term) .

I would say she is a Splash Sumatra then an Sumatras will lay a light colored egg.

Chris

Quote:

I would say she is a Splash Sumatra then an Sumatras will lay a light colored egg.

Chris

Yea! I'm not crazy!
wee.gif
I noticed there was something diff. about her besides the legs. I just could not put my finger on it till we sat downs and was looking at all the pics just took to update site and was like a light went off. Oh well anyone looking for a splash Sumatra? Going to Nc. the 22 of Oct.
Forgot ! THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom