What breed is this pullet?

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Bonnie is 14 weeks old now. I have been quesitoning what types of breeds she originates from in the hopes of knowing what to expect from her full grown.. What colour of eggs will she lay, will she lay well? Will she always be this colourful? Etc...
_MG_8412.jpg
_MG_8402.jpg
_MG_8403.jpg
IMG_4763.jpg
as a baby
_MG_5210.jpg
3 weeks old
_MG_5480.jpg
4 weeks
_MG_5590.jpg
5 weeks
_MG_6111.jpg
6 weeks
_MG_6112.jpg
_MG_7288.jpg
11 weeks I also have two more pullets from the same place.
_MG_7384.jpg
The owner has not contacted me back to tell me what they have in them.. At least they are girls. I do know he has Phoenix. These were supposed to be frizzles. Obviously they are not, but what are they? I do think they may be bantams.. Though they are NOT much smaller than my Easter Eggers that are a week younger.
fbd30cac.jpg
Here she is the 4th one from the right. You can see there isn't much of a size difference than the week younger standard chicks. Thanks for your help!

They do sort of look like EE, but a mix of what not sure. She is pretty, could there be salmon favorelle in his flock? Just a guess, I do not know the specifics of what gene pass from hen/Roo.

They do sort of look like EE, but a mix of what not sure. She is pretty, could there be salmon favorelle in his flock? Just a guess, I do not know the specifics of what gene pass from hen/Roo.
I doubt the Salmon Favorelle.. I haven't heard of anyone that keeps them in Atlantic Canada - because I would totally be pining after one lol.

He said he was pretty confident that these babies were from his pure white frizzled rooster. He had put these eggs in the incubator thinking they were Guinea eggs (creamy white and about the same size). It was too early in the year for him to start hatching chicks just yet, so his flock was all together. Legs are pink on Bonnie, yellow on Hoover.

Oh if only they laid a coloured egg! haha That would make my life complete :D

The brown one looks like a Faverolle mix without the 5th toe.

She looks very similar to my salmon Faverolle with the comb, body and feather shape. The color is off and missing that extra toe. I have no clue what she is mixed with, but she is gorgeous! Your back and brown one is an Easter egger.

Here's my Faverolle taken from my iPod touch, camera quality stinks.
600262c2-c819-1161.jpg

600262c2-c843-61fe.jpg

600262c2-c864-9f62.jpg

600262c2-c87f-cc71.jpg

Last edited:
The brown one looks like a Faverolle mix without the 5th toe.
She looks very similar to my salmon Faverolle with the comb, body and feather shape. The color is off and missing that extra toe. I have no clue what she is mixed with, but she is gorgeous! Your back and brown one is an Easter egger.
Here's my Faverolle taken from my iPod touch, camera quality stinks.
600262c2-c819-1161.jpg

600262c2-c843-61fe.jpg

600262c2-c864-9f62.jpg

600262c2-c87f-cc71.jpg
She looks more like her as a chick. She's very tight feathered. Not fluffy at all.

Second one is definitely not an EE. She doesn't have green/slate legs, and her comb is single, she also doesn't have a beard.. Plus EE's are very hard to find here as well. We don't have hatcheries like in the US. Only 1 breeder within a five hour radius. If she was, I'd be really happy, but I know she's not :(

They are Game mixes. I do not see anything Faverolle in them. I hate to be the bearer of (maybe) bad news, but Bonnie is a boy.

They are Game mixes.  I do not see anything Faverolle in them.  I hate to be the bearer of (maybe) bad news, but Bonnie is a boy.
Definitely not a boy :) Comb has been the same since week 4, and she squats. She will be 14 weeks tomorrow, so the comb/wattles would be a lot bigger, and saddle/hackle feathers would be pointed. Everything is rounded.

I thought maybe some sort of game.

Definitely not a boy
smile.png
Comb has been the same since week 4, and she squats. She will be 14 weeks tomorrow, so the comb/wattles would be a lot bigger, and saddle/hackle feathers would be pointed. Everything is rounded.
I thought maybe some sort of game.

Hrm, must be the picture then, it sure looks like saddle feathers from this angle. Pretty bird!

Hrm, must be the picture then, it sure looks like saddle feathers from this angle. Pretty bird!
Thank you :) Yeah, her sister has the same type of saddle feathers. Bonnie's hackles look pointed, but it's the pattern. I've tested it against paper and it is rounded.
_MG_7277.jpg
See what I mean?
_MG_7248.jpg
Looks like a baby bird here lol. I have three week old chicks with bigger combs/wattles than her :p

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom