what breed is this rooster?

albird101

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
So I was gonna go buy the chicks that I was telling you guys about today but, I went on Craigslist and seen this beautifull game rooster, so I decided to wait and I'm going tomarrow to caruthers to buy him for 25$ the guy said he has way to many roosters and he needs to sell some I'm guessing that's why the price is low anyways what breed of rooster is he? I'm going out today to a swamp meet to check if they have any bb red game hens since I'm guessing he might be a bb red or a wheaton, well thanks guys

What a beautiful bird. Do be careful wherever you get birds from, to really look them over for health problems or defects like - crooked toes, twisted beak etc. It's easy to get carried away in the moment and gloss over everything. Then you get home and wonder where all the bad things came from. BUYER BEWARE, is always good advice.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I helped answer you question already in the What Breed or Gender section.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. He looks to me like an Old English Game mix. Just be aware that he could be quite aggressive. Depending on your reasons for getting a rooster, you might want to consider getting a rooster that is of a breed with a calm and gentle reputation like Australorps, Orpingtons, Cochins, Brahmas, Sussex, Faverolles, etc. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom