What breed is this.

pcmomof6

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2016
I bought three chicks. Feed store told me they were black sexlinks. I know they aren't so can anyone tell me what they are?

They look like they are Polish crosses. By the slope of the body the first picture, I agree, is probably an Ameraucana (or Easter Egger) crossed to a Polish. The second photo, the bird is definitely a polish cross, but it is harder to see with what. Probably the same cross from the hatchery.

There is a small possibility that the hatchery sold them to the feedstore as Polish. But, if that is the case, they aren't "show quality" and just have some of the appearance of Polish.

Also, you can't actually sexlink a cross between the Polish and Ameraucana breed, so the hatchery may have misrepresented them to the feed store, or the feed store may have made a mistake. Either way, they look like they're in great condition!

Thank you. No the feed store sold them to me as black sex links. I bought 3 red sex links and 3 black sex links. They weren't supposed to be polish lol. But I am excited they were different. I'm sure the feed store messed up.

Back
Top Bottom