What breed is this?

Could be a rosecomb bantam?

I'm not a pro at breeds, but definitely a pretty chick. I love your ducklings!

Roosters won't kill your ducks... Actually Drakes (male ducks) will kill hens (chickens) because they have a penis and will try to mate with them. Roosters don't have the equipment that a Drake does. I have ducks and chickens, My roosters are so nice to my ducklings if they get out of their run. Sometimes they run very quickly when I open the gate and escape. My roosters follow them and help me round them up. I have two Jersey Giants that are past my knees, but are gentle Giants.

The ducks will grow way faster than the chick will so I doubt you'll have issues if you keep it.
Awww that's really reassuring, thank you <3

6218AD3A-40BC-462E-BD3D-E4086230FF6B.jpeg
Well, I'm at work, but I have a few different ones on my phone... (can take more when I get home). Long story short... I raise ducks, not chickens, but my boyfriends' brother wanted us to raise chicks for him until they were feathered and ready for outdoors. Well, this one chick kept jumping from it's chicken pen into the duck pen. Keeps wanting to stay with them and cuddle. And it cries if it's not there watching them in the bathtub. We're thinking about keeping it, but I was hoping to learn more about the breed first before keeping what could be an extra aggressive duck killing rooster lol. Thanks, AnnieView attachment 1921916 View attachment 1921917 View attachment 1921918 View attachment 1921920 View attachment 1921921 View attachment 1921922
Well, I'm at work, but I have a few different ones on my phone... (can take more when I get home). Long story short... I raise ducks, not chickens, but my boyfriends' brother wanted us to raise chicks for him until they were feathered and ready for outdoors. Well, this one chick kept jumping from it's chicken pen into the duck pen. Keeps wanting to stay with them and cuddle. And it cries if it's not there watching them in the bathtub. We're thinking about keeping it, but I was hoping to learn more about the breed first before keeping what could be an extra aggressive duck killing rooster lol. Thanks, AnnieView attachment 1921916 View attachment 1921917 View attachment 1921918 View attachment 1921920 View attachment 1921921 View attachment 1921922
These are my silver-laced Wyandottes girls at around 6 weeks old. I received them the day this picture was taken so I don't know if they were ever all black

thank you! I will keep that in mind as time passes. dang... i had no idea how many breeds of chicken there were.
Yes, there are so many! I can't even keep up with them all. I've had chickens for so many years and I am definitely not knowledgeable of every breed out there, but I do see a new type of chicken at every swap I go to.

Ducks are easier to me because there aren't so many breeds out there but they do come in so many colors.

Yes, there are so many! I can't even keep up with them all. I've had chickens for so many years and I am definitely not knowledgeable of every breed out there, but I do see a new type of chicken at every swap I go to.

Ducks are easier to me because there aren't so many breeds out there but they do come in so many colors.
Very true :)

Back
Top Bottom