What breed is this

Also, my Southern Rambler girl has started lying eggs. She’s 16 weeks. They’re HUGE and all have had double yolks so far! Happy chicken mama here!!

I got these chicks on March 20th. They told me they were Southern Ramblers which doesn't seem to exist. They have 5 toes and dark legs, they are starting to get some light feathering on their legs. I was told they came from the same hatch. The top one(Robin) was jet black and is starting to get lighter. Also has a black comb coming in. The bottom one(Himilaya) hasn't changed much in color. I have looked up 5 toe breeds but none of them seem to look like these. Any ideas? Also can anyone tell if these are Roos?View attachment 2073859View attachment 2073860View attachment 2073861View attachment 2073864

Also, my Southern Rambler girl has started lying eggs. She’s 16 weeks. They’re HUGE and all have had double yolks so far! Happy chicken mama here!!
Exciting! Congrats! What color are the eggs? I’d love to see a pic of the egg—mine are 14 weeks and I hope they start laying soon, too. I’ve noticed their ear lobes are beautiful blue, and they’re waddles and combs are getting more fully developed. My little cockerel isn’t crowing yet.

I got these 2 chicks out of the Southern Gambler bucket at Tractor Supply 1st of June so they are just about 8 weeks. I was perplexed with what kind of Chickens they really were. Especially the solid black with the crazy head feathers. Thinking he is a Roo with those head feathers and enormous legs and feet compared to second one with brown. This was such a great thread. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 25371.jpeg
    25371.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 26
  • 25370.jpeg
    25370.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 25374.jpeg
    25374.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 25373.jpeg
    25373.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 26
These are my 17 week Southern Rambler girls from TSC! The one with the bigger comb (Hen Solo) is a real loud mouth and makes a raptor screech every time she sees me. The other one (Kylo Hen) is bottom of the pecking order (we also have four other chicks that are 3 weeks younger). She also has virtually no comb, which is interesting. I can’t wait for eggs!!
E2F99ED4-0963-46BD-9899-E743CA3094F4.jpeg
9C415204-55FC-4D4C-B591-E66B959C0764.jpeg

These are my 17 week Southern Rambler girls from TSC! The one with the bigger comb (Hen Solo) is a real loud mouth and makes a raptor screech every time she sees me. The other one (Kylo Hen) is bottom of the pecking order (we also have four other chicks that are 3 weeks younger). She also has virtually no comb, which is interesting. I can’t wait for eggs!! View attachment 2281425View attachment 2281426
She has a rose comb, type comb, so naturally it would be smaller.

I got these chicks on March 20th. They told me they were Southern Ramblers which doesn't seem to exist. They have 5 toes and dark legs, they are starting to get some light feathering on their legs. I was told they came from the same hatch. The top one(Robin) was jet black and is starting to get lighter. Also has a black comb coming in. The bottom one(Himilaya) hasn't changed much in color. I have looked up 5 toe breeds but none of them seem to look like these. Any ideas? Also can anyone tell if these are Roos?View attachment 2073859View attachment 2073860View attachment 2073861View attachment 2073864
Probably a silkie cross or maybe even a satin silkie cross. Hatcheries cross certain breeds to get the apeal or look of one and the hardiness or egg laying of another. And no it's to early to tell the gender silkies are so hard to sex, so...you will definitely have to wait a while to tell the genders.They are very cute though🙂

Back
Top Bottom