What breed is this

I got these chicks on March 20th. They told me they were Southern Ramblers which doesn't seem to exist. They have 5 toes and dark legs, they are starting to get some light feathering on their legs. I was told they came from the same hatch. The top one(Robin) was jet black and is starting to get lighter. Also has a black comb coming in. The bottom one(Himilaya) hasn't changed much in color. I have looked up 5 toe breeds but none of them seem to look like these. Any ideas? Also can anyone tell if these are Roos?View attachment 2073859View attachment 2073860View attachment 2073861View attachment 2073864
It’s a hybrid with Silkie genes bred by a smaller farm that sold to tractor supply. I called them. This is why they have extra toes and black skin and dark organs. They lay beige eggs.

It’s a hybrid with Silkie genes bred by a smaller farm that sold to tractor supply. I called them. This is why they have extra toes and black skin and dark organs. They lay beige eggs. Our reactor supply had the hatchery name on the card. Sadly 3 of my 4 were male. Gorgeous birds but we can’t keep Roos. The one I butchered today had two livers. The hen is gorgeous and fairly docile. They are standard sized. I can’t recall the farm name now that they came from.

Very interesting! I’m sorry you ended up with 4 roosters. Happily, we are able to keep our one rooster. He’s a handsome, goofy fellow.

Do you happen to recall what they are crossed with besides the Silkie? They are certainly not small chickens.

Attachments

• A1053D72-9EA1-4C44-B725-6D3DA01B0D37.jpeg
    A1053D72-9EA1-4C44-B725-6D3DA01B0D37.jpeg
    577.4 KB · Views: 40
Very interesting! I’m sorry you ended up with 4 roosters. Happily, we are able to keep our one rooster. He’s a handsome, goofy fellow.

Do you happen to recall what they are crossed with besides the Silkie? They are certainly not small chickens.
Any eggs yet? Here are my two now. Interesting the one I thought too appears to be hen. Just noisy with huge feet!

Attachments

• 0830201932.jpg
    0830201932.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 0830201932e.jpg
    0830201932e.jpg
    891 KB · Views: 31
Any eggs yet? Here are my two now. Interesting the one I thought too appears to be hen. Just noisy with huge feet!
I still haven’t gotten any eggs from my girls, but my rooster has reached maturity. He’s crowing daily (which I love) and mounting the hens I have (which they don’t love). The whole flock will be happier when all 17 girls are fully mature. They’re all 19-20 weeks so anytime!

I got these chicks on March 20th. They told me they were Southern Ramblers which doesn't seem to exist. They have 5 toes and dark legs, they are starting to get some light feathering on their legs. I was told they came from the same hatch. The top one(Robin) was jet black and is starting to get lighter. Also has a black comb coming in. The bottom one(Himilaya) hasn't changed much in color. I have looked up 5 toe breeds but none of them seem to look like these. Any ideas? Also can anyone tell if these are Roos?View attachment 2073859View attachment 2073860View attachment 2073861View attachment 2073864
Its a black copper maran cross with slikie

Back
Top Bottom