What breed is this?

Jade W

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2022
They arrived as “mystery” and curious if anyone would know what they are? They have navy bellies.

Attachments

• E8EFB121-5C7E-4B97-BA8D-CAC9CD26C595.jpeg
    E8EFB121-5C7E-4B97-BA8D-CAC9CD26C595.jpeg
    589.4 KB · Views: 5
  • D6E8DF68-2A47-49F9-90A8-72FA39B1E98B.jpeg
    D6E8DF68-2A47-49F9-90A8-72FA39B1E98B.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 4
E18FA751-3C5C-4187-AE1D-411593976045.jpeg

Update: it’s been almost 2 weeks since I got these “mystery” chicks, and the lighter one has not been growing as fast as others her age. These 2 were the same size when purchased. If they are EE’s, she is definitely not the same size as the other posted, nor the EE’s I purchased the same day (that I was told were the same age). She appears to be drinking, eating, and socializing just fine. Her feathers continue to come in at the same rate as others. Curious why she would be much smaller?

View attachment 3168579
Update: it’s been almost 2 weeks since I got these “mystery” chicks, and the lighter one has not been growing as fast as others her age. These 2 were the same size when purchased. If they are EE’s, she is definitely not the same size as the other posted, nor the EE’s I purchased the same day (that I was told were the same age). She appears to be drinking, eating, and socializing just fine. Her feathers continue to come in at the same rate as others. Curious why she would be much smaller?
You have two sets of chicks together purchased from two separate places?

And is this smaller chick pictured above the same one you're having issues with in your other thread today?

You have two sets of chicks together purchased from two separate places?

And is this smaller chick pictured above the same one you're having issues with in your other thread today?
They were purchased same day/same place. Not the same chick. This smaller chick is doing just fine. From what I have gathered, the smaller chick in this post was likely just mixed with a medium sized chicken. She continues to grow and feathering just like the others.

Back
Top Bottom