What breed is this?

I know it’s much too early to tell but I was wondering if you might know or recognize the breed of this chick, it’s so pretty and I’ve never seen anything quite like it. It hatched from a light brown egg.
If maybe you could just give me an idea of what it may be? I am not asking for definite but I’m so curious! Thank you
View attachment 3785355View attachment 3785356View attachment 3785357
It reminds me of chicks that grow up to be Silver Columbian colored. Some examples of chickens with the Silver Columbian color: Light Brahma, Light Sussex, Columbian Rock, Columbian Wyandotte.

The chick is not any of those breeds, because it is actually a mix, but the coloring does make me think of them at this age.

I would guess the father is the rooster in the photo, not the Rhode Island Red rooster, but that is a guess not a certainty.

For the mother, I would say probably not the Faverolles or the naked neck, since I don't see a beard or a naked neck on the chick. Regarding the other hens, I don't have any idea about which one may be the mother.

It reminds me of chicks that grow up to be Silver Columbian colored. Some examples of chickens with the Silver Columbian color: Light Brahma, Light Sussex, Columbian Rock, Columbian Wyandotte.

The chick is not any of those breeds, because it is actually a mix, but the coloring does make me think of them at this age.

I would guess the father is the rooster in the photo, not the Rhode Island Red rooster, but that is a guess not a certainty.

For the mother, I would say probably not the Faverolles or the naked neck, since I don't see a beard or a naked neck on the chick. Regarding the other hens, I don't have any idea about which one may be the mother.
Thank you so much! This really helped

Back
Top Bottom