What breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by biggschicks, Dec 5, 2012.

1. biggschicks

biggschicks New Egg

Nov 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

2. biggschicks

biggschicks New Egg

Nov 18, 2012
    Ok this is my first time posting a picture, not sure if I did it correctly. If the picture comes up its of a hen that I got from a friend. She lost her entire flock to predators and this was the only one that survived. I'm keeping her until she can get more chickens. In the meantime I was curious as to what she is. In the picture she is standing next to a Cuckoo Maran. Thank you for the help.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The pic is way small for my mature eyes, but my guess is possibly a silver phoenix, from that tail, or some type of game bird. Look those up and see if either fits your girl.

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I agree with Donrae, most likely a Silver Phoenix girl, but the pic is a bit small.

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    x2

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    either a silver phoenix hen or a game hen as my mom had two that looked like her

7. biggschicks

biggschicks New Egg

Nov 18, 2012
    Thanks for the help. I looked up silver phoenix and that is exactly what she looks like. Thank you everybody.

8. riversedgefarm

riversedgefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2012
    starr sc
    Hi everyone do y'all know what breed this is thought columbian wyandotte but she lays a white egg so I'm confussed could age make her lay a white egg she kinda old btw she is a bantam[​IMG]

9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    its best to start your own thread........looks like a light brahma if it has feathered legs

10. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    When you are posting, at the top of the box you're typing in, there are little icons, ie. B I U. In the 3rd set of boxes from the right, the far left icon is a little landscape picture. Click on it and it'll walk you through adding a picture to your post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by