What Breed is this?

HenPen42

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 3, 2012
Mississippi

Hello All,
I have questions as to whether these ladies are what I bought them as, They are a year old now, laying wonderfully LARGE/EXLARGE Brown eggs... I bought these as chicks last year in March at the Tractor Supply Store as Red Production Pullets... I in the last year have done a lot of reading on different breeds and I'm a little confused on the cross breeding names and such, but anyway, I would love some input on what you think these girls are...I would like to order some more if they are...I looked at some pictures of Red Production Chickens on Cackle Hatchery, and mine don't look like those, but they do look like the picture of what Cackle had listed as Cinnamon Queens... I hatched some eggs off them a few weeks ago, Rooster was a RIR, and I'm curious as to whether my egg production and size will change with the off spring...Does anybody have any experience with these?

Red sex links. Under a red rooster you'll probably get mostly red birds with some white also. They'll still be great layers, maybe not quite as well as the mommas but really, not too far off.

They look alot like my Hampshire Reds i had a couple of years ago. Got them from a local feed store.

But if Tractor Supply sold them as Production Reds.... they probably are... Production is actually a breed name... Never owned any... but have heard of them.

In Australia they are called Isa Browns. I have four and they produce beautiful big brownish eggs

Back
Top Bottom