What Breed is this?

davisfamilyfarm

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 29, 2013
Albany, Ky
Hello, I'm New to BYC and was wondering if anyone could help in identifying this breed? I bought them off a woman in Florida that inherited a farm and she said they are called chalkhill blue, but I couldn't find any information on this breed. . Are these chalkhill blue? and If so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Looks as though Chalkhill Blue is a hybrid. Can't seem to find which breeds it's a hybrid of, though. Says in the information I've read so far that they lay blue eggs, so Ameraucana or Araucana must be in there somewhere...

thanks for the info!! answers a lot of questions. and i've noticed 2 of the rooster have a slight bigger "feather ball" behind there crown is that what your talking about?

Last edited:
Chalkhill Blues have 'pink' shanks. The bird in the original post has really yellow shanks.
She does... But wouldn't it depend on what the Cream Legbar is bred with? Or does the fact that the sire (CL) has pink shanks mean that it doesn't matter who he is mated with, his progeny will always have his color legs? Just curious and trying to understand more about chicken genetics. =)

Back
Top Bottom