What breed of Bantam is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Champ15, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Champ15

Champ15 New Egg

Jun 7, 2011
    I would like to know what breed of Bantam rooster this is, and what color he would be consiered. Can anyone tell me? d[​IMG]

2. S.L.Swope

S.L.Swope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    possibly a seabright but I don't know a lot about breeds. Hopefully someone with experince responds

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Looks like a sebright to me too. [​IMG]

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    He looks like he might be a cross between a Sebright and dark Cornish. If he were purebred Sebright, he would be hen feathered, have more lacing, and be a bit more slightly built. He has the wide stance with the thick legs and full breast of a Cornish. His face also looks very much like a Cornish but his carriage is more like a Sebright and his comb is a lot more full than a Cornish.

5. Champ15

Champ15 New Egg

Jun 7, 2011
    Thank you. Could you also tell me what color he would be considered. I can't seem to find anything on line with his color. I got his father, Shorty, from a neighbor that claimed he was a Japanese Bantam. His father looked exactly like him. When the father bred to a black bantam hen, Little Shorty was the result. Little Shorty is getting up in years now, and I would sure like to be able to get another rooster just like him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by