What breed of bantams are these two?

Sunnyside Chick

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 19, 2014
Can anyone tell me what breed this is? Last spring I got 6 Bantam chicks from Tractor Supply, one pullet and five cockerels, 4 of the cockerels turned out to be Cochins: partridge, buff and mottled. The one in question was sickly and grew slowly, even though he was black and white he looked different from the mottled cochin. The 4 cockerels would ignore him and not allow him to roost by them. He was a special fellow we fell in love, he passed in August and we want to get one. Someone said maybe he was a pekin when I posted a baby photo of him The last 2 photos are of our 1 hen from the group Can anyone tell me exactly her breed? Old English, Dutch??? .

The first one appears to be a mottled Cochin, a side shot would confirm it. The second I'm unsure.

Mottled cochin cockerel. Is there such a thing as mottled Dutch? Whatever she is, I would love a flock just like her.

I posted a side shot. The thing is he looked so different from the other mottled cochin we had. I appreciate your input. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom