What Breed of Chicken did I just buy?

JessicaDotta

Songster
Oct 27, 2020
I picked these two up from an assorted run. Can anyone tell me what breed they are?
 chick1.jpg
chick2.jpg

They look like they're not purebred.. I can tell because their feet colors are not one color
I don't know 100% but the 1st (grey) looks like a sapphire gem.

where did you purchase them?

Have to disagree about the feet. Chicks feet look like this and become solid colored as they get older. Could be many breeds. My first guess would be Australorp for the black one. Could also be Blue Andalusian. I assume they have clean legs, hard to tell in the the photos. 😊

Have to disagree about the feet. Chicks feet look like this and become solid colored as they get older. Could be many breeds. My first guess would be Australorp for the black one. Could also be Blue Andalusian. I assume they have clean legs, hard to tell in the the photos. 😊
Yeah, looks like they both have clean legs. Is the red coloring on the second chick just from the heat bulb?

Oh interesting, it does look like both of those chicks . . .

Back
Top Bottom