What breed of chicken is this?

To me he kind of looks more SLWish and the comb looks Leghornish. I'm thinking a SLW/Leghorn X. Just my two cents. A close up pic would help.

Quote:
I know, which is why I said OEG and not OEGB.
wink.png

Quote:
Even for Standards though they're still too heavy looking to me. Now i believe they probably are American game crosses - but, i have had some pretty huge American games too. The main four that come to mind is a Hatch grey i had which was 6 pounds 6 oz and near 3 feet tall, then i had a ruble hatch crossed over a McRae black that came out near 7 pounds, with a RubleX Wingate Brownred and the sister to the cock near 7 pounds that were HUGE, couldn't give a exact weight on them but i would guess both near 5-6 pounds.

Now, yes Greys can be - Silver Duckwing, Golden duckwing, or Birchen sometimes (though birchen and mealy grey are usually called Black Greys because of the cross used to achieve them). Reds - Wheatens, Black Breasted reds. However, it's not exactly a cockfighting slang like the other person suggested, plenty of people in the UK use those names to refer to colors... And they're exhibition people.

I found out that they are DEFINATELY Standard Old English Game. The poultry judges at the fair passed one of them as that breed that I entered. I also found out that Standard/Bantam Old English Game can pretty much appear as any colors.

Back
Top Bottom